Equipping SaLTs, Educational Psychologists and Specialist Teachers to deliver our course for practitioners working with young adults within FE colleges and residential settings.
If you are a Speech and Language Therapist (SaLT), you can be trained as an Elklan Tutor on our Total Training Pack - Post 16s. You'll then be eligible to deliver our full range of core, specilaist and Let's Talk courses, simply by purchasing additonal training manuals.
Specialist teachers with additional qualifications in supporting children and young people with speech and language needs can also apply. If you don't have these, then you can be a co-tutor and teach alongside a full tutor - or ask us to consider whether you may be eligible for full tutor status. To help us make this decision, please complete and return the form to us. You do NOT need to complete this if you only wish to be a co-tutor.
In normal circumstances we offer both face-to-face and online training. Face to face training is planned to return in 2022. Face to face training can still be commissioned. Both cover the same superb content and are taught by either Liz or Henrietta, our highly experienced Directors and founders.
This is typically delivered at two venues in the UK, London and Manchester over two consecutive days.
If you'd like to commission Elklan to deliver face-to-face training for your local SaLT or specialist teacher team, please get in touch.
Our online training is completed over four 2.5 – 3-hour sessions.
You will be expected to read the manuals to prepare you for the webinars. By the end of the training, you'll be equipped and ready to run Elklan training for post 16s in your locality.
What does it cost? What's included?
Total Training Packs cost £495.00 plus VAT per person, to include:
- Training from Liz or Henrietta, the founders and directors of Elklan
- A complete training manual with all the information you need to deliver Speech and Language Support for Post 16s
- Language Builders resource book
- Support to mark and assess learners' work
- Access to the Tutors' Area of our website and training on how to manage and run Elklan accredited training
- Access to the e-learning sessions
- The opportunity to purchase additional training manuals without the need to attend another Total Training Pack. This means that you will be able to offer all the Elklan courses within your locality
- Your first year's licence fee
- Ongoing support from the Elklan team before, during and after you deliver Elklan training.
Elklan Tutor and Co-Tutor licences are currently priced at £60.00 plus VAT per year.
Click a button to apply for your chosen Training Pack. We look forward to welcoming you soon.
Further training opportunities
If you’d like to receive more training from Liz or Henrietta, then you can complete another Total Training Pack for half the usual fee. A current, valid Elklan licence is required for the discount to be applied. Please log in before applying for a place on the TTP so that the discount can be applied.
Train your schools and settings
Accredit your settings as Communication Friendly – we have a wide range of courses to enable all staff to be trained.
Equip practitioners to train parents and carers
Purchase a training manual and run a one-day course to equip your level 3 accredited practitioners to be Let’s Talk Tutors – able to cascade courses to parents and carers with whom they work.
Flyers and other downloads