Apply for an Elklan training pack:
Total Training Pack - 0-25s with Complex Needs
This Total Training Package equips Speech and Language Therapists and teaching advisors to provide practical, accredited training to education staff and SaLTAs.
Training Pack Dates
|Day of Week||Date||Start Time||Finish Time|
Meet and Greet
|25th March 2022||2:00 pm||3:00 pm|
|Monday||28th March 2022||2:00 pm||4:30 pm|
|Tuesday||29th March 2022||2:00 pm||5:00 pm|
|Wednesday||30th March 2022||2:00 pm||4:30 pm|
|Thursday||31st March 2022||2:00 pm||4:30 pm|
Times are shown as in the UK
Elklan is responding imaginatively at this time, ensuring we can continue to offer training for colleagues to become Elklan tutors. We are sure that our webinar-based Training Package will enable you to be confident in your delivery of this Elklan course in your locality. Train now and be prepared and ready to deliver this exciting course when lockdown ends.
How does it work?
Elklan has made the course Communication Support for 0-25s with Complex Needs available via e-learning. You will be given access to these sessions to work through in your own time. You will also attend webinars at the times listed above.
The webinars will cover:
- Questions concerning the content of the relevant e-learning sessions
- Preparing you as an assessor by practicing the marking of sample submissions
- Understanding the accreditation procedure
- Course administration
- Exploring the Elklan website
Pre-webinar preparation is important. You need time to:
- Read the teaching manual re how to present the taught sessions
- Read the relevant chapters of the Language Builder book
- View the e-learning sessions
- Complete one additional activity per day (details will be given nearer the time)
Please allow 2-3 hours a day of pre-webinar preparation time.
By the end of the training, you will be equipped and ready to run Elklan training in your locality.
This training pack is priced at £510.00 plus VAT for Speech and Language Therapists, Educational Psychologists or Specialist Teachers
Special offer for currently licenced Elklan Tutors and Co-Tutors who want to refresh or teach a different course to the one they trained on initially: £255.00 plus VAT. Please log in to avail of this special offer if you are eligible.
- a one-year Elklan licence, with access to digital resources and our course management system; and
- UK-based trainees - one hard copy teaching manual and Language Builders/workbook for learners; or
- Rest of the world - access to digital versions of the teaching manual and workbook. One hard copy teaching manual and Language Builders/workbook for learners can be purchased separately at International postage and packing costs, not included. If you are interested in purchasing a hard copy, please contact email@example.com when your place on the Training Pack is confirmed.
Please note: This Total Training Package is available to Speech and Language Therapists, Educational Psychologists, Specialist Teachers and currently licenced Elklan Tutors and Co-Tutors only. All applications are subject to availability; your application will not be final until your place is confirmed by Elklan Training.
Please note: all applications are subject to availability and eligibility; your application will not be final until your place is confirmed by Elklan Training.
Important – Terms and Conditions:
By applying for this Training Pack you agree to the terms of our Licence Agreement.
All cancellations must be made by email.
You may transfer your place on the Training Pack to an alternative participant prior to the start date but please inform us of the change.
- Cancellation with more than 30 days notice - 100% refund
- Cancellation with more than 3 weeks notice - 50% refund
- Cancellation with less than 3 weeks notice - no refund full fee applies
Payment must be received prior to the start date or a valid PO number provided for invoicing.
Failure to attend a Training Pack will not entitle you to a transfer or a refund and neither will you be able to transfer your place to others.
Elklan reserves the right to cancel this Training Pack at any time without liability. Should this occur, delegates will be given as much notice as possible and will be offered an alternative date, a different Total Training Package, or a refund of the Total Training Package fee. Elklan will not be responsible for reimbursing travel costs.